BREAKING: Mason Greenwood Criminal Charges DroppedGriffochaz
Greater Manchester Police have confirmed the case against Mason Greenwood has been discontinued.
In January 2022, a case of alleged attempted rape, controlling and coercive behaviour, and assault was opened against the 21-year-old footballer.
Greater Manchester Police released a statement earlier this afternoon;
“Criminal proceedings against a 21-year-old man in connection with an investigation opened in January 2022 have, today (Thursday 2 February 2023(, been discontinued by the CPS.”
The Chief Superintendent Michaela Kerr GMP’s Head of Public Protection has said the following;
“Given the significant media coverage of this case, it is only fair that we share the news that the 21-year-old man, who had been arrested and charged in connection with an investigation opened in January 2022, no longer faces criminal proceedings in relation to this.”
The full statement can be seen below;
Criminal proceedings against a 21-year-old man in connection with an investigation opened in January 2022 have, today (Thursday 2 February 2023), been discontinued by the CPS.
Chief Superintendent Michaela Kerr, GMP’s Head of Public Protection, said:… (1/7) pic.twitter.com/VOp9n527Kw
— Greater Manchester Police (@gmpolice) February 2, 2023
A trial date had been set for the 27th November this year.
There is no word from Manchester United or the individual at this time.
Leave a Reply